POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Attempt at "Photo-Realism" : Re: Attempt at "Photo-Realism" Server Time
4 Oct 2024 05:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Attempt at "Photo-Realism"
From: GrimDude
Date: 4 May 1999 20:52:09
Message: <372f8829.0@news.povray.org>
Actually, the radio is on a tray behind the pilots seat (and armor). The
antennae wire, on period aircraft, runs up the armor plate to a standoff,
and then to a letoff wheel through the canopy. From there it proceeds to the
fin. The vertical mast is actually another radio, intended to be a
directional finder. Some radios, in different areas, used a radio of a
different frequency, which required a longer wire. In that case it was
sometimes run to a spring tensioner atop the d.f. mast. These days neither
would be used, in favor of a short six inch aerial, usually beneath the
fuselage.
  The wire is 1/32" in diameter, so despite the fact that I used +am2 +r1
(3x3 array), it doesn't show up very well even up close.
  I tried zooming in, per Lewis' request, but that changes the way the image
comes off. Don't ask me why. Radiosity is a mysterious critter indeed! So,
I'm back to working on the scene as originally outlined. Sorry, no further
hints yet. :)

  Thanks for the input! :)

GrimDude
vos### [at] arkansasnet